Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Post

Wow. I can't believe how infrequently I've been posting here. I promise I'll pick up the pace pretty soon. The problem is, I set my goals too high. I won't post unless I have time to sit down and write a thoughtful epistle- and maybe include a picture to go with it. Well, the standards are going to be lowered for a while...

Here are the latest and greatest events in our life:
Emily's follow up with the EMT went well and she is continuing on Prevacid. We still battle reflux and have to encourage her to eat. Ben is fine. His latest profound thought was "God doesn't have eyebrows." I could neither confirm nor deny this statement, but went on to explain that although God doesn't have eyebrows, or hands or feet (other parts Ben believes to be lacking) that God uses OUR hands, feet, etc. to do his work. He found this to be a satisfactory explanation. It went a lot better than our conversation on "why animals don't wear clothes", which was spawned by Ben observing a nursery rhyme character (a pig) in a book wearing a vest and no pants. We had recently had a discussion on why Ben must wear pants, so the pig was obviously violating a cardinal rule of the household. I then had to go on about how the pig in the picture was a cartoon, so he was wearing a vest, but that real pigs don't wear clothes at all. That led to all sorts of questions about the nakedness of animals, the function of fur, and some random comment about the dressed up cow mascot at Chick Fillet. Anna's exciting news is that she will be getting her wheelchair on June 8th! Technically, it will not be ours yet, but will be a "loaner". However, it will be the wheelchair that we are purchasing (the green one with light up wheels). Our equipment man is being nice and doing us a favor because they lost our insurance paperwork. It would have been months before we would have gotten it otherwise. Friday Brad and I meet with our contractor to finish up some last minute details about the house and to discuss our quote. They have already staked out the house on the lot, so we are excited to be moving (creeping) forward. Yea!

I will try to get some cute pictures up soon, and I hope to be writing a little more frequently in the near future...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your updates and enjoy them whether they include photographs and profundity or not!Ben is a true thinker and I'm tickled that Anna will soon get her new wheels - plus I'm happy our brown-eyed Emily is slowly improving with her reflux problems! Love you all! Mama

Anonymous said...

Emily is too cute!