Monday, August 13, 2007

Watermelons






This summer, Ben has been working hard growing watermelon and cantaloupe with Paw Paw (Brad's Dad). This was supposed to be an exercise in the value of growing your own food and enjoying the results, but last week Ben got a lesson in capitalism instead. One of the employees of North Carolina Farms wanted 10 watermelons to take home for a family gathering. Since she wanted so many, she offered to pay. Mitchell got a dollar a piece for the watermelons and Ben earned 50% of that. I used to hear all about how delicious the watermelons are and how much fun he had in the garden. Now all I hear is "Where's my money?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben, your watermelon harvest is beautiful! Granny is very proud of your crop - I know you had fun helping Paw-paw grow them and sell them! I love you! Granny