Monday, July 14, 2008

AB's Birthday Art



My artwork arrived the other day and was promptly hung on the wall by my wonderful husband....

I have tried and tried to get a good picture of it, but the flash keeps glaring off the canvas. This side shot is the best I can do. The work is called "Still Life with Chrysanthemums" and is an oil on canvas by Emil Carlson- a dutch artist that immigrated to America. Although the original was painted in 1896 and now resides in a private collection, I am able to enjoy my framed canvas print by pretending it is a real painting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your bright new piece of art! I know it adds a classy touch to your living room. Now you will be inspired to find more lovely art for all your rooms! : ) I love you! Mama

Mick and Rachel Donahue said...

Very nice, AB. What a splash of color to add to your living room! I like it.

The Hines Family said...

It looks great! What a nice birthday gift! :-)