Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blog blog blog (blah blah blah)




Well, it's about time I posted... N'est pas?

Our life has been extremely busy recently. Between Matthews Vacation Bible school, a visit from Mick and Rachel, Emily having a week long fever virus, impending birthdays and Providence's Vacation Bible School, I haven't had time to compose a report. However, I am happy to announce that the past two days I went on a cleaning frenzy and straightened up large portions of my house. The craft room, the kitchen desk area, the toy corner, and the library have all been re-organized. This was spawned by two events: my mom getting me to buy a painting for the living room (with B-Day money) and Wanda giving me a laptop stand. With the addition of two items that will add both beauty and organization to my home, came the desire to make over everything. Brad is being swept along in this frenzy. I bought some pretty cording to make an art clothes line in the craft room. I need his male assistance to put the screws high up in the wall, so I can tie the ends of the cord to the screws and then glue a decorative button over the screw to camouflage it's functional, ugly, metallic self. Can you guess how excited he is about this? You guessed it! He's so excited that he all of a sudden really needed to go to the store tonight.

3 comments:

erica said...

Wow, how cool that you're going to have an art clothesline! I can't wait to see it with random Donahue kid art hanging on it. =) Once Kent starts fingerpainting and such, I'm going to have to find a place in our tiny house for such a thing, I think.

Anonymous said...

Love those pictures! How nice to know my urging you to get wall art inspired you so! I can't wait to see a picture of your picture (when you get it hung! :) Hope things are calmer for you for a little while! Love, Mama (aka Granny)

The Hines Family said...

You'll have to post pictures of your mini home-makeover soon! :-)