Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Go Team!

Today was "Wear Your Favorite Team Colors" Day at school.

Now let me explain why grammar is so important.

This morning I found Ben sporting a green shirt and Anna sporting a pink shirt. "Today is Wear Your Favorite Team Colors Day," I tell them. Ben replies, "Green IS my favorite color." Grammatically stumped by a 4 year old.
If the teacher had asked us to wear our favorite team's colors, or the colors of our favorite team, I would have been ok. However, we were to wear our favorite team colors. Anna may not know of a team that wears pink, but she sure does think that pink is her favorite color for a team.

I sent an NC State shirt in their bookbag, along with an explanation to the teacher. Sigh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, your daughter had the right idea. Since Coach Kay Yow died, UNC's Women's basketball team wore pink uniforms that Saturday in honor. So, even though she was pulling for the WRONG team (thank you for putting the NCSU shirt in there...) she was right on. Your son, on the other hand....