Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spontaneous Generation

Occasionally, I consider resigning from housework. I have a lovely lady that comes to help me once a month, and I always cringe in embarrassment at what she sweeps off the floor. I find myself stammering things such as, "I REALLY DO clean my house when you're not here...heh heh...ummm." Or, "Wow! Where'd THAT come from? I have NO IDEA why the floor is so dirty." Well, folks, the answer has been revealed. I now know where this dirt comes from. Spontanious generation. Look, I don't want to hear you argue that some scientist disproved that years ago with some maggots and a piece of meat. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, go check a middle school science book.) I have a picture that PROVES spontanious generation. Keep in mind my laundry room floor was swept AND mopped less than 24hrs ago. I give you exhibit A.

We have dirt. We have pieces of food. We have a plastic bag??? And the clincher... two wrappers from the kind of sucker that you get from the bank. Guess what folks? My children didn't even HAVE suckers yesterday. Hahahahahahahahahahaha! I've got the trash all figured out now. It slipped up and made a fatal error. Never generate an object that is not actually plausible. I'll give you dirt, and food particles and MAYBE the plastic bag. But NOT the wrappers. One of the mysteries of the universe has just been solved. Case closed.

6 comments:

erica said...

You're awesome. =)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget those suckers the children get at church. Maybe the wrappers stuck to their shoes just long enough to hide until the floor was swept clean - and then made their appearance - HA! And don't forget - Ben and Anna may have the answer for you! Love, Mama

The Hines Family said...

You know Brad--always eating the poor kids' suckers! And then poor Annie Beth having to sweep it up! Shame on you, Brad! :-P

Mick and Rachel Donahue said...

ROFL That's the best laugh I've had all day.

The Bunnell Family said...

I'm glad it's not just me that this happens to.

revmomof3 said...

You need a shark! It is awesome and picks up all those little things in between sweeping. And it is so easy!!!