Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wanted: One wife- willing to have lots of children

Our eldest son has been on a quest recently. A quest that, I hope, will take him about 20 years to complete. Benjamin Heath Donahue is looking for a wife. I'm afraid this may be partially my fault. Ben loves children, and has informed me several times recently that we need more babies in this house. The other day at dinner, I quite firmly informed him (for the last time) that as of right now, we had no plans to add any more children to our family. Brad seconded the motion, and that was that. Or so I thought. Ben's internal wheels turned for a moment. "I'll just have to find a wife."

Ben's wife application consists of one question. "Will you grow babies in your tummy?" He has so far proposed to me, his sister, and his preschool teacher. Once he understood that you have to find someone OUTSIDE of your own family that is approximately your own age, he started targeting his little friends at school. I told him that I really thought that he should wait and marry someone from maybe his college class as opposed to his preschool class. Ben will not be deterred. He now has his sights set on his friend Molly (sorry Melissa).

All this is stemming from the desire to have more children. I wonder if I can just convince him to start babysitting. We may even make some money that way. Yeah. Good idea. All he needs is a little CPR training and he'll be set.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to set your goals early in life. Ben knows what he wants and is willing to go after it. = D

Granny said...

Oops - forgot my name! Ben is a treasure! Love y'all!

The Hines Family said...

Well, she does say "Ben!" :-)