Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor Day

Just a quick update. Last week they put the trusses up on the house. My parents came to visit for Labor Day and I designed a diet for my dad, who found out he has high cholesterol. He's not loving it, but he is trying. Brad, Ben, Anna, and I rode on the Christian Adoption Services float in the Matthews Labor Day parade. That was really fun. I thought the kids might be afraid to sit on a moving platform with so many people staring at them. On the contrary, they really got into the waving. At one point Anna was pretending to talk on Brad's phone while waving at the crowd. She made herself look very busy and important. Later that day we (our family and my parents) got together with Ashleigh (Anna's B-mom) and her parents for a little visit. We went out to eat and they came to see our new house in progress. I should have another picture of the house soon. They are putting the plywood on the roof now. I have to run now, but maybe we'll get a better entry soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sure did enjoy our visit! We had a great time and it was great to see your new home! Love, Mama

Brandee said...

Sounds like so much fun! Did they throw candy too? Ah...the parades that I used to watch on Main and Second street...! Didn't you play violin once at the Tulip festival (or was it the summer festival?)

Anyway, Zee got his cholest. WAAAAAAAY down just by cutting pork and limiting beef. Does wonders.

b.

The Hines Family said...

I'm not quite sure what trusses are but it sounds like things are moving right along so that is exciting!

The parade sounds fun--maybe we can ride on the float next year!