Thursday, August 7, 2008

Catching Up






This post is for my mom. Well, it's for everybody- but recently my mom has been asking me "when will I see _____ on your blog?" Let me fill in some blanks. Ben's birthday was July 18th, and went by without an entry. Sorry Ben. I didn't use my camera to take pictures of his party, so I had to wait to get them from my sister in law. We had a small family gathering with cake. Ben got puzzles, a "Benjamin" cup, stickers, and some bubbles. The big present for Anna and Ben this year was the swing set, which Brad finished building a couple weekends ago. It is very fun and underneath it we used a wonderful material called rubber mulch. Rubber mulch is made from recycled tires. It is very shock absorbent and lasts a lifetime. You could also roll in it and never get dirty. Amazing stuff. Brad's birthday was August 5th. Brad turned 30. We have no pictures to commemorate that event because according to Brad, he failed age 29 and has to do it over again. Another big even for Ben occurred today. Ben had his first trip to the dentist. He was very cooperative and pleasant to the staff. I was proud. His favorite part was when the hygienist showed him how all the different tools worked and let him touch the tooth polisher. His teeth looked great except for a molar that was malformed and lacking some enamel. It needs to be partially filled. So. We will be having Ben's second trip to the dentist very soon. I'm afraid that one won't be as fun.

3 comments:

The Hines Family said...

Happy birthday, Ben!! And Brad!! :-)

I LOVE the mug! I think Molly needs one of those! We have a mug for Molly that some friends got us, but she won't be able to use it for awhile. HA! :-D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new updates and the sweet pictures of Ben!! Beautiful swing set - Brad deserves a big commendation for the great job on the swing set/play area - a lot of work was involved! Woo-hoo Brad!!Love, Mama

Mick and Rachel Donahue said...

Cool swing set! I can't wait to come over and play! :) And a happy belated birthday to Ben--he's such a big boy! So glad to hear that his first trip to the dentist was a good one. Hugs and kisses to the kiddos!