Monday, September 22, 2008

Money Saving Tip #347


Be your own portrait studio.

Traditionally, Caleb's birthmom has had a portrait taken of all of her children at 6-weeks old. She gets a 12x18 (huge) print and hangs it in her hall. I wanted to help her keep this tradition with Caleb, but around here, we don't usually fork out the money for studio portraits. That's why I took photography in college and bought a nice camera. Yesterday, the conditions outside were perfect for taking pictures. It was a little hazy, so the light was filtered and not too harsh. I took the bouncy seat outside and threw a blanket over it, propped Caleb up, and started shooting. This was our best photo. I wasn't happy with his collar being in front of his chin, but in most of the other pictures, he had a very disgruntled expression on his face. I know that we are missing the obligatory fake background, but hey- this isn't Sears. Hopefully this picture looks professional enough to hang beside her other ones.

7 comments:

Brandee said...

ABSOLUTELY! You go, AB; I love your creativity. He looks fabulous :D

The Hines Family said...

That's an amazing picture! I'm telling you, you're quite the photographer! :-)

He is so precious! I love the pictures of him smiling! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great job, Annie Beth! Our Caleb looks very handsome, doesn't he? : )

Mick and Rachel Donahue said...

Great photo! That's certainly as good as any 'ole studio shot! (Personally, I prefer it to the cheesy fake backgrounds...) :D Good job!

erica said...

We never do the professional photos, either. I love what you did-- the background adds a nice touch. I was always just propping Kent up on the sofa when I wanted a full-on photo instead of an action shot. =) Yours looks way better, with great light! Did the other kids help?

Cyndie said...

I've been checking out your blog too!:) You inspired me with your photo shoot and I'm trying to figure out how to get some "professional" photos of Elle done now:)! I'm definitely leaning toward using a gold shag carpet with a pink background as the setting!:) ZAP!

Christian Adoption Services said...

Hey AB that is a great photo---can I use your beautiful baby boy in some information as I am seeking to recruit families?