Friday, September 26, 2008

Gas Lines



I've told some of you about the desperate gas situation here in the Charlotte area. We are officially staying in our home so as to not run out of gas. Gas stations everywhere are out. Even the gas station at Costco is out. There are a few places where you can still find gas, but they are (as I said) few and also far between. Yesterday our equiptment man, Todd, canceled his appointment with us because he had no gas to drive to our home. He also told me our physical therapist, Susan, canceled her appointments yesterday because she was out of gas. I called Susan on her cell phone, and she said I caught her waiting in a gas line. She had been there for two hours and had witnessed some unbelievably childish behavior. I don't know how long it took her to finally get a turn at the pump. Some of the stations that have gas have been choosing to close down because the behavior of the patrons is getting out of control. My friend, Cyndie, blogged about a gas line she passed at her local Wal-Mart. She couldn't see the end of the line, but she did see the aerial police surveillance unit. I have stolen her pictures for you to view.

4 comments:

Brandee said...

Oh my good gracious, AB, that's crazy! WTH? I pray this is over quickly!

In the metro area here, I've noticed a few stations without gas, but if it gets to that point here, well, I think we'll all end up walking to Canada by that point. When the nation's capitol is low on gas, we're in some serious poo.

On an unrelated note, I saw this site and thought of you: http://www.grammarstuff.com/Home.html

Cyndie said...

You say Target has some good fall decorations on sale if someone has the inclination....Do they sell inclination too? That's what I seem to need most!:)

Great pictures of the gas lines!! You must have a great photographer on staff!:) HA!

revmomof3 said...

Found gas today!!! Ben got lucky and filled up without a line... woohoo!!!

The Bunnell Family said...

Yeah, we were a little concerned driving home from Hilton Head yesterday. We got lucky, although we did see a lot of stations that had several pumps shut down. We stopped for lunch at an exit in Hendersonville that had no gas. Weird experience!