Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ben.

This morning we stayed home from church because I have been very sick (thanks Emily...) and I didn't want to share my germs with others. Ben was very sad about not going to church, so we compromised and had our Sunday School lesson in the living room. Since I am their teacher, I had all the materials on hand. It went very well. Ben and Anna sat and followed through with all our activities just as if we were really in the classroom. Later, Ben and I were in a conversation about orphans. I was trying to explain the concept to him, and was a little afraid that he might take this on as his new "thing to worry about". His last "thing to worry about" was fire- such as "what if our house burns down, what if we can't get out, what if we burn down, then do we die?" etc. I was sure the prospect of being parent-less would be equally as concerning. After explaining that orphans are children that do not having parents (and hoping he wasn't going to ask me WHY they don't have parents) I was met with this one profound statement. "But if children don't have parents, they might poop on the floor." Yes, Ben, yes. They might poop on the floor. Good to know that when you look at your mom and dad, you think, "These are the people that keep me from pooping on the floor." Not to mention all the other things we do as parents...

6 comments:

erica said...

Or outside. Like a horse. Oh wait, kids WITH parents do that... LOL. He's so great! =)

Brandee said...

Love his priorities. Church and cleanliness. Yes! You're raising them right, Annie Beth :D

The Hines Family said...

HAHA! That is too funny! It's a good thing your children have you so that you can keep them from pooping on the floor! :-)

The Hines Family said...

Hey....listen "Mary"--you can leave a comment anonymously. You don't have to make up an alias... :-)

Camden Watts said...

oh gosh, that's absolutely hilarious! a rather unexpected turn in your story telling...i love it!

Christian Adoption Services said...

AB that is GREAT! Nothing like seeing through a child's eyes how appreciated you really are.