Monday, November 24, 2008

New Web Site

This post does not contain any cute pictures or entertaining stories. It is solely to keep you updated on what I have been doing for the past week. Most of my spare (ha!) time (re: time I should be using to clean the house) has been used to work on my new website. I am in the process of creating the best online spina bifida resource available. High aspirations, I know. But why bother if you're not going to do it right? My goal is to take all the information that is floating around on the web and consolidate it onto one site. Then, I will add some fun catagories, such as clothing, travel, and sports, and tie it all together with a community forum. The forum is actually up and running already. We have 19 members so far. Not bad, considering the forum was launched about a week ago. Most of the pages have some content on them- a few are finished. There are still a couple of catagories that remain as "coming soon". Even if you aren't in the spina bifida community, check out the site anyway. I appreciate feedback from anyone.

http://www.lifestyleaccelerator.com/

6 comments:

erica said...

What a fabulous idea! My grandfather was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease about 12 years ago, and he was dismayed about the lack of consolidated information for the masses (before everyone was on the internet), so he created a packet of info for people who are newly diagnosed with a bunch of different resources, medical opinions, etc. I can imagine that something like your site would be a total blessing to parents who are trying to figure out what this condition is about and how to raise a child with it. Anna and your parenting of her would certainly inspire a lot of people!

Kristan said...

already a member! Thanks for doing it!!

The Hines Family said...

Yeah....that's my friend, Annie Beth. She's the one with four kids four and under that works part time at the church and helps her husband with his business and makes homemade granola bars for her kids and writes articles on ehow---she also creates websites in her spare time. :-)

The Hines Family said...

PS--On a more serious note, I just joined and read through some of the posts. What a great resource and networking tool you are providing.

The Hines Family said...

You know.....I'd love to see some pictures of the kids and get a Donahue update. And I know Granny would too! Right, Granny? :-)

Anonymous said...

Right, Melissa! ; )