Friday, September 14, 2007

Windows, Dishes, and Floors- I mean Doors...


Ok, so there aren't any dishes involved either, but whatever. This week our house started to transform. The framers finished the framing and put Tyvek around the outside. The roofers covered the roof with tar paper. The dormer windows were cut into the roof and the little doo-flotchy that goes around the garage window was built. The framers also added a lovely arch over the front door. The windows and doors arrived, and were mostly installed when I took this picture. Next week they should finish the doors and windows, put on the shingles, and do the HVAC. Did you know you have to choose where you want your thermostat and HVAC returns? I assumed they had to go in a certain place. They guy was real particular asking me exactly where I wanted the thermostat and I'm thinking, "I don't know." Then he asked me where I was going to be hanging my pictures on the wall so it didn't get in the way. I was laughing on the inside. I mean, I do have a vague idea of where they should be, but it's not life or death if the guy puts it six inches too far to the right. I wonder what type of customers he's had in the past.... Anyway, we have an appointment to pick out our tile next Tuesday and the electrician may even come at the end of next week to discuss outlet placement with us. Lots of fun.

1 comment:

The Hines Family said...

Hey--it's true! In our new house the thermostat is smack in the middle of a big wall--didn't know they had a choice as to where it went...interesting...

The house looks SO good!