Thursday, October 4, 2007

Quotes by Ben

Well, I am waiting until a good portion of brick is up to do my next house update. I may be able to get some pictures tomorrow. Until then, I think I'll fill the void by leaving you with more words of wisdom from Ben.

"...and dear God, thank you for my poop."
- last night's bedtime prayer addendum

"Why do we have two hands?"
"It would be very hard to do things with only one hand. For example, how would I wash my hands if I didn't have two hands to rub against each other? And how would I pick up very large and heavy objects with just one hand? And how would I be able to drive with just one hand?"
"Daddy drives with one hand."
-recent conversation on the complexity of the human body

"Ben, in this picture the little boy is eating his breakfast. What do you think he is going to do next?"
"Take his vitamin."
-response to a Highlights magazine article

"Wow, Ben, look at all the suds in the washing machine."
"Yeah, I put three more (pumps) in."
-conversation between me and Ben, on my return from the bathroom
to find Ben staring down into the agitating washing machine

"Is God in there?!"
-accompanied by a violent yank, and subsequent examination of my forearm

"Take your fingers out of your mouth."
"It's ok, Ben, Emily can chew on her fingers."
"Why?"
"It helps her teeth come in."
"Yeah, Emily needs to grow some teeth so she can eat treats and chew gum."
-Ben, showing us where his priorities lie

And finally...

Ben: "I need a VCR.".
Me: "What?! Why?!"
Ben: "That spells SNACK!"

3 comments:

erica said...

Boy, if I didn't know better, I'd think you made those up or something. Thanks for sharing... he's hilarious. Especially the thing about his poop. =)

The Hines Family said...

You gotta love that kid! :-)

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!! :-) Love you all! Mama